Saturday, October 10 2015
• 15 apples (or as many as your crockpot will hold)
• 1/4 cup honey (darker means higher nutrition)
• 3 tablespoons cinnamon
• 1/2 teaspoon cloves
• 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1. Peel and core apples and cut up into chunks. Place in crockpot.
Throw peels and cores to your dog.
2. Distribute the rest of the ingredients onto the tops of the apples
in the crockpot. Don’t worry about mixing it all up yet. As the apples
heat up and soften, you can begin mixing and mashing everything.
3. Set the crockpot on low for 8 hours. At about 6 hours, mash the
apples (I use a potato masher), inside the pot.
4. Once they are finished, at 8 hours, throw everything in the food
processor and process for a couple minutes until it is smooth.
5. Let cool in jars and store in the refrigerator.
Recipe and image via More Than Paleo